Dove Girls

Life and times of the two Dove girls

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Are you Type A or B?

We may have three females in our family but I am outnumbered. Alex is Type A, Rachel is Type A, Lauren is a bit young for me to be sure but she seems to be attracted to Rachel's carefully organized treasures and well folded favorite clothes. I am Type B. By this I mean I like a certain amount of clutter, I don't always close the drawers or cabinets fully (Alex would say never), and I try never to fold clothes, sheets, or towels. If I have to fold something it really is a pathetic attempt, no lining up of the corners or pressing of seams - like Rachel with her Cuddly or Alex and our outdoor plastic chair covers seem to require. I could not work at the Gap. Our chaotic house with toys, shoes, books and socks (etc) everywhere cannot be blamed entirely on just the girls. I love when our house is clean but overly neat I actually find uncomfortable.

So I really did not understand the attraction of this "game" pictured below. Rachel decided she wanted to line up memory cards in a big grid. Lauren wrecked Rachel's first grid which was on the floor so we moved the game up to the dining room table. Rachel wanted me to help her at first but I wasn't doing it correctly. So my job was to keep Lauren away so she could show Dad when he came home. Lauren got her own cards but she as you can see below she needs some more practice at least according to Rachel. I just wanted to push them all into a shoe box -randomly. Actually the cards came in a box with plastic tray with 24 sections where only 6 or so cards can fit in section. Both Rachel and Alex have spent some time organizing them into this tray as well. I just don't understand!


1 Comments:

  • At 4:18 PM, Blogger katie said…

    i love this post! too funny. i think i'm a type b who wants to be a type a.
    :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home