Dove Girls

Life and times of the two Dove girls

Monday, May 15, 2006

Here Mom, no wait

Mother's Day was great. I got to sleep in. Rachel and Lauren each gave me beautifully drawn cards and flowers from the garden (thanks Alex). Then the girls and I went shopping with my Mom, Dad and sister and had a nice lunch. At home, the weather was beautiful we played outside and had a good dinner. But the funniest parts were the two presents from Rachel earlier in the week.

The first present was a heart shaped wooden box that Rachel had painted and glued on jewels at her Wednesday art class. It was very pretty. Rachel loves pretty things. So although she was very happy to have me open the present (immediately on Wed) and admire it she was a little sad to see it stay in my room. After trying to come to an agreement with me on where I should put it so she could still see it, she decided that I could have the bottom and she would keep the decorated top. This was on Wednesday.

On Friday they had a Mother's Day lunch at our preschool so I got to eat lunch with both girls. Rachel's class had painted popsicle sticks and glued them into a box for holding recipe cards, and several blank colored 3x5 cards were included. So Rachel let me open the present but this time I didn't even get to hold the painted popsicle stick box for long. All the other mothers took their presents with them, but Rachel kept my present in her cubby. After school she brought it home and wrote "Rachel" on the colored 3x5 cards that she liked and "Happy Mother Day" on other half of cards for me. When I was spelling out Happy Mother's Day for her to write on my cards, I got to the "s" in Mother's she laughed at my "mistake" saying that there was no "s" since there was only one mom. So I have a couple recipe cards which say Happy Mother Day but the popsicle box and selected pretty colored cards are in her room next to the painted heart shaped box top.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:37 AM, Blogger katie said…

    that is too funny! watch out in years to come she may buy you diamond earrings only to wear them the next day!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home