Dove Girls

Life and times of the two Dove girls

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Pronunciation, Comparisons, and Exaggeration

Lauren, perhaps because she is such a hurry to do whatever Rachel is doing, likes to drop the first syllable from words, especially names. Her teachers Betina and Tamaya have become Tina and Maya to the point that I catch myself calling them these shortened names as well -- both at home and more embarrassingly at school. "Puter", "ogurt" were fairly recognizable as computer and yogurt. But my favorite because it took me so long to figure out was Guygamin. As in "Guygamin, guygamin I want guygamin". Finally she was happy when she got her vitamin.

Rachel, in her sweetest moments, likes to tell us how much she loves us. This is usually as we are leaving her room from tucking her in to sleep. Each time she tries to come up with something bigger like
I love you more than past a thousand.
I love you more than Belle Princess.
I love you more than the whole world.

At some point recently, Rachel must have said that she got hurt very badly and both girls noticed how quickly we responded. Now both girls add "very badly" every time they get a bruise or scrape but Lauren has taken it to a new extreme. Lauren needs to get out of her booster seat "very badly", needs her sippy cup of milk refilled "very badly" or even a book read to her "very badly".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home