Dove Girls

Life and times of the two Dove girls

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Sweet Moments

I love checking in on the girls sleeping right before I go to bed. They are so cute and look so content and happy while sleeping. I like looking at their expressions, noting their sometimes odd sometimes conventional sleeping positions, repositioning the covers, removing any toys or books that stayed in bed with them, turning off the touch lamps, all those quiet sweet moments. For awhile when putting them to bed was a battle, I didn't go in their rooms to check on them because I was afraid I would wake them up. But now I know that once they are fairly asleep, I can completely reposition them, step on a noisy toy, trip over a book, even pull their thumb out of their mouth and the most I will get is a sleepy glance before they go back to bed. I told them that I check on them at night. Now Rachel asks for a report of what she looked like the night before.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:35 AM, Blogger Laurel said…

    I love these moments too! So sweet. I think it must be a universal mommy thing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home