Dove Girls

Life and times of the two Dove girls

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Sure my Mom can do that

Background 1: My sewing talents include replacing buttons, mending holes, and occasionally simple hems. On a regular basis I seem to need to fix the girls' clothes. The girls love to help pick out the color thread and watch. Rachel, Miss Organized, likes to rearrange my pins into little flower circles on my pin cushion.

Background 2: Apparently, every school day Rachel gives her teacher, Miss Michelle, a quick run down of what has gone on in her life while she has been away from school. This is great after a vacation or weekend but Rachel also includes weeknights, her doctor visit, etc.

Background 3: Rachel and Lauren are in ballet classes at their preschool. Rachel has a big show in June that she talks about all the time. She is very excited because the theme is Beauty and the Beast and her class's costumes are "so beautiful they look like wedding gowns."

Today Rachel told me that if I was willing to sew all the dresses for her ballet class then I wouldn't have to pay for her dance classes. Probing questions led me to believe that Rachel mentioned to Miss Michelle how I sewed all her clothes and could easily make costumes. No amount of explaining to Rachel my limited sewing skill set would work. Now Thursday I have to tell Miss Michelle that only if the theme was pillow case dresses/ghosts would I even have a shot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home