Dove Girls

Life and times of the two Dove girls

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Flank Steak Questions

Last night Alex BBQed some flank steak. The girls really liked it - yay. (It is just so much more satisfying to hear "Mom we love this" than "I don't want it" - sorry Mom to all those dinner battles.) As many of you know, I am not a big vegetable eater. My girls however do pretty good with veggies and we have actually have to say sometimes the "Eat 2 more pieces of meat and then you can have some more broccoli". We call everything "meat" as to postpone the meat = dead cute animals talk.

Anyway after eating the flank steak and saying how much she liked it, Rachel became quiet and then asked, "Does meat come from fish?" Alex said "No honey it comes from cows." So Rachel followed up with "How does the cow give meat?" thinking about cows make her milk. Okay so we are there now explaining that the cow is killed and we are eating it. Then Rachel asked if the cow knew it was getting killed. After I told her that the cow didn't know, I took a deep breath and waited. Finally Rachel said "I love eating cow!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home