Dove Girls

Life and times of the two Dove girls

Monday, November 06, 2006

Funny things

Lauren has learned how to spell her name. She already knows the alphabet. So now she sometimes spells her name L-A-U-R-E-N-O-P.

Lauren was asking for a lollipop while I was getting her dressed. I got upset. She wants more and more candy. I said no lollipops. Lauren got very mad, repeating lollipop, lollipop. Then Rachel explained that Lauren just wanted her lollipop shirt on. Oops.

We were all drawing with chalk on the sidewalk making pretty pictures. Rachel didn't want anyone to walk on them so she drew about 12 stop signs in front of the pictures.

I like soda but don't want the kids to like it (ie drink all my soda!). So one day I offered them some of my diet ginger ale. Rachel tried it first and took a little sip. She gave it back and said no more. Lauren took a big sip through the straw. She got a very surprised look on her face and then slowly let it all drip out of her mouth. Neither of them ask for my soda now.

Rachel likes to take a pad of paper and write down answers to her questions like a news reporter. Actually it started as a waitress. So she asked Alex what his favorite jungle animal was. When he said elephant, Rachel laughed and said that is not a jungle animal. Elephants live in the zoo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home