Dove Girls

Life and times of the two Dove girls

Saturday, June 24, 2006

Sigh, sad work news for Crystal

Alas, the pharmaceutical industry is having some hard times and Johnson and Johnson is no different. I have been officially laid off as of Friday. Everyone in the whole company had small group meetings where you were told either Yes-No-Maybe. I am in the "Maybe pile", along with about 80% of ALZA and some percentage of another nearby JNJ company Scios. JNJ is calling this group of maybes from the two companies the selection pool. We have to wait up to 45 days to find out Yes or No. Here are more details from our local paper:
http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/business/14886768.htm

While some groups are being globalized and/or downsized, my entire area from the VP down unfortunately has been completely eliminated. There is always a chance I will be selected to join another group but I have to assume not. At least my 13 years at ALZA would get me a half-year severance package. I will write more as soon as I know anything.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Crystal,

    Sorry to hear the news :-(

    I'll be hoping for the best for you. In the meantime I am glad to hear you still want to visit with friends :-)

    Steph

     

Post a Comment

<< Home