Dove Girls

Life and times of the two Dove girls

Monday, March 20, 2006

Mom can put out fires

Background 1- I have a fire alarm in the kitchen that was never mounted so when my cooking gets a bit smoky and the alarm starts I just grab it, shake it and put it in the dining room for awhile. I am not sure if I am a smoky cook or we have a sensitive alarm but this ritual happens enough that the kids are not phased by the alarm going off.

Background 2 - Whenever we drive home, Rachel checks to see if both fire engines are at the fire station. She will announce - "2 fire engines, no emergencies" or "only 1 fire engine".

Funny story. After a zero fire engines sighting Rachel said that we would never need a fire engine at our house. When I asked why she said because I always know to shake the fire alarm at our house so we wont have a fire. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home